Microsoft has launched Windows 11 on June 27 through an online event where they have shared the vision and has also shared different improvements windows 11 will bring.
According to Microsoft, the new Windows will be free and available to everyone by the end of the year. But with the improvements in the new version of windows, there is a question regarding the OS compatibility with your current device.
Minimum Requirement for Windows 11
During the Windows 11 launch event, Microsoft released the minimum requirement for a device to be compatible. Below is the minimum requirement; however, the company pointed out that the additional requirements will be added over time for future updates.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB or higher
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM): Version 2.0
- Graphics Card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later
- Display: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
Check compatibility with Windows 11
One of the easiest ways to check for compatibility is to download the software PC Health Check from the official Microsoft page. The software will look into the hardware requirements and will let you know about Windows 11’s compatibility.
Also Read: HarmonyOS 2.0 launched