- First and biggest Hackathon in Nepal
- Technological solution centering around 7 SDGs
- Province and National Level Competition
- Cash Prizes
Code for Change is hosting the first and biggest National hackathon event, Codefest 2022, in Nepal. Codefest 2022 is a hackathon program in which students work on a project to use technology to solve a problem.
Moreover, CodeFest-2022 is the biggest hackathon event happening in Nepal. It intends to provide a platform for IT students to demonstrate practical applications of the latest technology they’ve been learning, while, giving them an exposure opportunity.
On the other hand, CodeFest 2022 will focus solely on generating innovative technological solutions that ensure a positive influence on society. At the same time, the challenges will be centered on seven Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Meanwhile, this CodeFest is taking place at the provincial and national levels throughout March and April in all of the seven provinces in Nepal. Continue reading this article to know more about CodeFest-2022.
When will CodeFest-2022 start?
Codefest 2022, held by Code for Change, intends to create technical solutions for any of the seven Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 3, 4,5,9,11,13, and 16) with students earning bachelor’s degrees in technology.
According to the Code for Change, the Codefest 2022 will begin on April 3, 2022, at the provincial level and end on April 10, 2022.
Meanwhile, there will be a gap between the provincial Level Codefest and the final from April 11, 2022, to April 13, 2022.
The final event will take place between April 14 and April 20, 2022. The event will be divided into two parts:
1) Provincial Level: The first step will start with registration, which has opened from March 01, 2022. After that, each province’s teams will compete against one another. Meanwhile, the winning team from each province will be qualified for the National Competition (Finale).
2) Grand Finale: The winners from each province (a total of 7) will participate in the Grand Finale, which will be held in Kathmandu.
How do I get Participate in CodeFest-2022?
Students interested in participating in the Hackathon can go to the Code for Change website and register their team and college. You can reach out to them via social media accounts and phone calls for more information.
You can register for CodeFest 2022 by clicking this link, and get ready to show off your innovative abilities.
Rules for CodeFest-2022
- A team can have a minimum of two members and a maximum of four.
- The most practical concepts may be eligible for investment or incubation.
- Payment of the Registration charge (2000 NPR) will be contacted via phone or registered email.
Rewards for Winner
- The winner of CodeFest-2022 will receive a prize worth NPR 100000 + other gift hampers.
- Similarly, the first runner-up will receive a prize worth NPR 50000 + other gift hampers.
- Likewise, the second runner-up will receive a prize worth NPR 25000 + other gift hampers.
- And a category winner will be awarded the prize of NPR 10,000.
About Code for Change
“Code for Change” is a project started by “Youth in Social Change”, a group of Computer Science students interested in learning and doing new things. It is a non-profit organization in collaboration with students from various universities across the country to bring together IT students and industry professionals.
Code for Change organizes a variety of events throughout the year. Similarly, the Code for Change has been hosting a Hackathon for the past two years. The first was Code for change Hackathon 2018 and the second event was Code for Change Hackathon 2019, which was held in different IT universities in Kathmandu.
These events not only help to develop an individual’s technical skills but also their non-technical professional skills and personal skills.
Did you find this article useful? Let us know by leaving a comment below. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube for the latest updates. And subscribe to our website to receive daily notifications.
ALSO READ: Women in Big Data Nepal to host “Data Lake Modernization on AWS” in collaboration with Amazon User Group Nepal on 13th March