iPhone users can now access Google One VPN service
Google initially launched its VPN service, Google One, in the United States. And it gradually began spreading its VPN service to more nations while the features were available on Android smartphones. However, Google has promised that it will be available to iOS users who are more into Google services. As promised, Google has announced that iPhone users can now access VPN service if they have a Google One Premium subscription.
Although the Google-run VPN was accessible on the iOS platform for months via the Google Fi-cell service, this change implies that anyone who buys 2TB or more of Google One storage can now access VPN services for their phones. Ten more nations have been added to the Google One VPN services, bringing features to 18 countries in total. They plan to expand to more countries over time.
What is VPN and VPN by Google One?
Virtual private networks, or VPNs, essentially ensure online privacy and security. It hides your IP address by masking or encrypting it, making your online identity anonymous. Moreover, it allows users to access websites that are currently restricted in your country. One of the most significant benefits of using a VPN is that your internet speed may be affected.
Moving on, Google One VPN will “assign” an IP address to users based on their current location. It would allow you to browse websites without disclosing your IP address. However, you should be aware that the VPN by Google One is only available to Google One members with 2TB or higher plans.
How to Set Up the VPN by Google One?
- Whether you are an Android or iOS user, you must ensure that you have installed the Google One app on your phone.
- For Android users, you can follow the following step: Open the app > Touch on ‘benefits’ > Locate the VPN benefit and hit View Details > Turn on Enable VPN.
- For iOS users: Open the app > Navigate to the homepage, and Click on Enable VPN.
- However, iPhone owners may be familiar with the concept of an upgraded storage plan because they have a comparable application on their cellphones called Privacy Relay Service (Beta).
Google has also mentioned that they have added some features to the VPN for Android that makes it even more user-friendly:
- Safe Disconnect: Use the internet only when the VPN is activated.
- App Bypass: Allow selected apps to use a normal connection rather than the VPN.
- Snooze: Turn off the VPN temporarily.
According to Google, their systems have advanced security built in to assist that no one uses the VPN to link your online activities to your identity. Similarly, their client libraries are open source, and the entire system has been audited independently. Moreover, their VPN has the Internet of Secure Things Alliance (ioXt) certification and has passed all eight of ioXt’s security criteria.
Is Google One VPN a genuine VPN service?
According to the technology disclosed in Google’s white paper, Google One VPN functions similarly to a standard VPN. It redirects all internet traffic from your device through an encrypted tunnel, sends it to a Google VPN server, and then forwards it to the page you’re visiting, effectively masking your browsing. Similarly, it even goes so far as to separate its user authentication process from your browsing. However, the Google One VPN service is not available in Nepal.
Yet, if you are residing in one of those 18 countries and have a Google One subscription please share your experience with us in the comments section below. For more details, you can visit this website.