The Poco M2 which was launched back in November 2020, gets a revamp with new internals is being called the Poco M2 “Reloaded”. Regardless, the new Poco M2 reloaded has now been launched in Nepal, and here’s what the reloaded M2 brings to your fingertips.
Poco M2 Reloaded Overview:
Xiaomi, its sub-brands, and its product portfolio have always been confusing, with one product competing with the other and touting the same specs. The same is the case with the new Poco M2 as it basically is a rebranded Redmi 9 also sold as the Redmi 9 Prime in some countries.
Build and Display:
As it is basically a rebranded Redmi 9, it basically shares the same traits as the Redmi 9 i.e. a plastic frame holding the textured dual-tone finish back and the front Corning Gorilla Glass 3 covered 6.53” inch IPS LCD display together.
The display here is FHD+ with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and is reading mode certified by TÜV Rheinland. The refresh rate is a standard 60Hz. The dewdrop notch houses the selfie shooter here. The display brightness peaks at 400nits.
The phone has a layer of P2i coating means it should survive accidental splashes just fine.
Performance and Memory:
At the helm of the Poco M2 and the “Reloaded” is the same MediaTek Helio G80 SoC present on the Redmi 9 (Prime). Regardless, it is an octa-core chipset that comprises two clusters- two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0Ghz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8GHz each.
The SoC is paired with 6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of eMMC 5.1 storage. The Poco M2 “Reloaded” version, on the other hand, maxes out at 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
Also Read: Micromax IN 2B launching soon in Nepal
Moving on to the optics, the Poco M2 gets a vertical aligned quad-camera setup with a 13Mp primary f/2.2 sensor, a secondary 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide with a 118-degree field-of-view, a 5MP macro sensor, and a 2MP dedicated depth sensor.
The video recording maxes out at 1080p 30fps.
To the front, the dewdrop notch houses an 8MP f/2.0 selfie shooter, which can also record 1080p videos at 30fps.
Battery and Charging:
Powering up the internals is a 5000mAh Li-Po battery with support for 18 Watt fast charging via USB-C.
Poco M2 Reloaded Specifications:
- Display: 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD, 19:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80, 12nm FinFET
- CPU: Octa-core (2x 2.0GHz Cortex-A75 + 6x 1.8GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2, 950 MHz
- Storage: Expandable (dedicated micro SD card slot)
- M2: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64/128GB eMMC 5.1 storage
- M2 Reloaded: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB eMMC 5.1 storage
- Rear Camera: Quad (13MP primary, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP depth, 5MP macro)
- Front camera: 8MP, FOV 77.8º, f/2.0
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Face unlock
- Sensors: Vibration, Distance sensor, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, e-Compass, IR blaster
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / Beidou
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (USB-C)
Poco M2 reloaded Price and Availability:
The Poco M2 with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage has been priced at NRs.18,999, the 6Gb/128Gb variant will run you down NRs.19,999 and the Poco M2 Reloaded with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage is the cheapest of the lot at NRs.17,999. The Poco M2 reloaded is available across authorized Xiaomi outlets and online partners like Daraz and SastoDeal.